WELCOME TO THE MINISTERS' COUNCIL CONFERENCE 2021
Presiding Bishop Crawford
shares some of her notes on the:
Benefits of Working Together - or being Unified as ONE.
1. We are stronger together:
Judges 20:11—-“So all the men of Israel were gathered against the city , knit together as one man” Eccl. 4: 12b Refers to the Strength of 3 are Stronger the the Strength of 2.
2. We are Better together:
Eccl 4: 9-12——“Two are Better than one ; because they have a good reward for their labour. “ For if he fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when if falleth; he hath not another to help him up”
3. Working together assures God’s Presence:
Matt 18; 20—-“For where 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them”
4. Working together our Love Grows:
1Thess 3:12 “And the Lord make you to Increase and abound in Love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do towards you.”
5. Working Together puts united Faith on Display:
James 2:17-18 —-“Even so Faith, if it hath not works ,is dead, being alone. ——- Yea, a man may say, Thou hath Faith, and I have Works: Shew me thou Faith without thou works, and I will shew thee my Faith by my works:”
6. Working Together Increases our Self-esteem and Self-worth: (Especially when you get to know these scriptures). “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season We shall reap, if we faint not” says Galations 6:9, Psl 138: 8 ——-1Cor 10:31;—— Phil 1: 6 “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
7. Working Together keeps us Humble:
1Cor 12:21-26 (No Team worker is important alone). “And the Eye cannot say unto the Hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the Head to the Feet, I have no need of thee: All are members of the One Body. Even the Feeble members are Necessary and the members we think should not receive honor, should receive the most honor.
8. Working Together guarantees Success:
Luke 10:1; 17 “AND THE 70 returned again with Joy, saying Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name” (Report of a Successful Mission)
And from the words of Paul in 1Cor 3:6-9
Paul and Apollos were Co-Labours Together With God. The Team did not consist of 2- but- 3 (God was on their Team)
Paul said I planted——refers to him being Founder of the Church and planting the Gospel.
Apollos- Watered——Refers to him doing additional teachings which strengthen the Church.
But God gave the Increase——Refers to God was the one who caused their Spiritual Growth and ——- “The Success of the Team”
Working in UNITY or Working Together Guarantees Success—-Only——-if you have God on your Team, not only on your Team, but Master or Team Leader!
Presiding Bishop Minnie M. Crawford,
Downstate, NY Diocese State Prelate
Presiding Bishop Jamison
shares some of her notes on the:
Why be together?
1. It is good. Psalm 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2. To succeed. Ezra 4:3 But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God; but we ourselves together will build unto the Lord God of Israel, as king Cyrus the king of Persia hath commanded us.
Ezra 3:1 And when the seventh month was come, and the children of Israel were in the cities, the people gathered themselves together as one man to Jerusalem.
3. To stand. Phil. 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
4. For betterment. 1 Cor. 11:17 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
5. To be with God and Christ. Eph. 2:22, In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
1 Thes. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
How can we be all together?
How can we all be together?
6. By agreeing. Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
7. By having an attraction. Matt. 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
8. By trying. Eph. 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
9. By following after peace. Heb. 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Rom. 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
10. By loving. Col. 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
11. By having the same mind. Phil. 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Phil 4:2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
12. By having the same teaching. Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
1 Cor. 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Presiding Bishop Charlene M. Jamison,
Michigan and New Jersey/ Harrisburg, PA Dioceses State Prelate